Leadership Luncheon Nominations Open!
March 12, 2012 by Vince Schiano
NUSGA is sponsoring the 2nd annual Leadership Luncheon on Saturday, April 21st to honor students who excel in service and leadershipas well as demonstrate the core values of the university. Students are able to apply for awards themselves and/or nominate other student leaders. Students will be judged by a panel and those chosen will have the opportunity to be recognized in front of various university administration, staff, and guests of their choice. Descriptions of the awards are listed below.
- Niagara University Core Values
- Spirituality - Attentiveness to the spirit within that connects us to the world around us.
- Knowledge - The lifelong pursuit of truth and excellence.
- Creativity - Innovative and practical responsiveness to the needs of all people.
- Integrity – Consistent, continuing truthfulness to oneself and to others.
- Compassion – Opening oneself to relationships with others, serving with acceptance and respect.
- Individual Achievement
- Leader of the Year – A student that has demonstrated excellence in leadership skills this academic year.
- Vincentian Spirit Award – A student that exemplifies the service spirit of St. Vincent DePaul and the mission of the university.
- Group Achievement
o Group Service Contributor of the Year – The student organization that had the highest number of community service hours on record last semester.
- Organization of the Year – A student organization which has a remarkable achievement that will be nominated by NU faculty and employees.
Below are the links for the application and nomination forms. Once you complete the forms and submit you will not be able to edit your form. You are also able to get a paper copy of the forms in the NUSGA office. The deadline for all forms to be submitted electronically or to me in the NUSGA office is Thursday, March 22nd.
If you are chosen to receive an award, you will be notified with further details about the event shortly after the application deadline. If you have any questions you can contact Jessica Bialkowski at email@example.com.
NUSGA Cabinet Secretary